Alto's Workflow Launch is a small SharePoint Online Timer Job Utility providing pre-scheduled, automated triggering of site workflows. Many of Alto's SharePoint customers have identified the need to launch workflows based on a predetermined schedule so we developed this SharePoint timer job tool to meet that need. Workflow Launch runs on a local workstation, server or in the cloud via Azure or some other cloud provider. Configure and connect to a SharePoint site and trigger a site workflow based on a schedule of your choosing. The utility is called on a period basis through Windows Task Scheduler, a SQL Server Agent Job, or any other timer-based mechanism available to you.
- Once every hour during a Monday-Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm time window, count the number of defects logged in a list and alert technicians when a product-specific threshold is exceeded.
- Once a day, check for over-due tasks and send alerts to managers.
- Once a week, send a summary of projects in progress, completed, and not started to each department head.
- Every other week, delete obsolete calendar entries.
- Once a month, archive projects completed over 90 days prior.
Workflow Launch timer job is command-line driven so one instance can be used to schedule an unlimited number of jobs for an unlimited number of different SharePoint sites and workflows.
Workfllow Launch timer job utility has a handy visual configuration mode where you can enter and test configurations. When satisfied with the results, the utility generates the command-line parameters for you. There is no need to learn how to specify complex parameter values.Contact Us